The M4A1 Assault Rifle dodges nerfs in Call of Duty Warzone’s Season 5 Last Stand update, allowing it to remain one of the best weapons in the game.
The recent release of Call of Duty: Warzone’s Season 5, Last Stand, brings a ton of new changes to the game, yet the M4A1 was left unchanged and maintained its place as one of the most solid options for players to pick up. Last Stand is the fifth and final season that Warzone will have, as its sequel is primed to be released later in the year. This update introduced many new content to the game and nerfed multiple weapons. Unfortunately, among the ones that were left untouched was the M4A1, which allowed it to remain one of the best weapons in the game.
The M4A1 in Warzone distinguishes itself from other assault rifles due to its excellent ADS and move speed. This gun also sports a very fast reload and a predictable recoil that skilled players can master to stay on target during full bursts. The M4A1 has an average time to kill for its category, requiring up to six body shots to take down an enemy or less than four if players can land headshots.
Assault Rifles in Warzone usually excel at being versatile, as they provide an excellent medium to long-range effectiveness, which is very useful in most maps since players never know where an enemy will pop up. In this category, the M4A1 is one of the most versatile, as the predictable recoil and long effective range make it work well with most Loadouts in Warzone. In addition, this weapon is an excellent pick and is easy to use, likely contributing to its popularity in Warzone‘s multiplayer.
The Best M4A1 Season 5 Loadout in Warzone
The M4A1 is a flexible Assault Rifle that has remained near the top of most players’ lists since the release of Warzone. It has great damage and range, allowing players to pick their fights while remaining effective in most situations. However, the greatest weakness of the M4A1 is its recoil, which keeps it from being one of, if not the best weapon in Warzone. With that in mind, this Loadout, which is recommended by the YouTube channel Chuck, is one of the most optimal for the M4A1 in Warzone:
- Muzzle – Monolithic Suppressor: sound suppression is never bad, but further increasing the effective range of this AR will make it even more deadly in mid to long-range encounters.
- Barrel – Stock M16 Grenadier: with this stock, we once again increase M4A1’s range and bullet velocity, making the weapon more accurate and effective at medium to long range while dampening its hard-to-control recoil.
- Underbarrel – Commando or Ranger Foregrip: Commando should be superior in most situations as long as players have good recoil control, otherwise, the Ranger Foregrip can offer better stabilization.
- Magazine – 60 or 50 Round Mags: players looking for higher mobility can go for the 50-Round Mag; otherwise, having an extra 10 bullets in the chamber is always useful.
- Attachment – Tac Laser, VLK 3.0x Optic: players that prefer using iron sights can pick up the Tack Laser attachment; otherwise, if they prefer a scope, they can go with a VLK 3.0x Optic, as it will provide them with more options at long range in Call of Duty Warzone.
Editor’s Note: A lawsuit has been filed against Activision Blizzard by the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, which alleges the company has engaged in abuse, discrimination, and retaliation against its female employees. Activision Blizzard has denied the allegations. The full details of the Activision Blizzard lawsuit (content warning: rape, suicide, abuse, harassment) are being updated as new information becomes available.
- Original Release Date:
- Treyarch, Infinity Ward, Raven Software
- Call of Duty
- Xbox One, Playstation 4, Xbox One X, PC, Xbox One S